A recent article, Six new ways to grow your business in the new year by Gary Miller says that in 2015, businesses were “shaken up by disruptive technologies and shifting definitions of established marketplace standards”. 2016 promises even more progress and innovation which can be valuable for growth‐minded business owners.
Here are five trends that business owners should begin to turn their focus towards in 2016 and the future.
1. The upsurge of remote and freelance workforce.
- Workforce will spend more time out of the office than in the office.
- Use of online collaboration tools and cloud services to get task completed regardless of physical locations like: coworking office space, shared office space, etc.
- Almost half of the workforce will be freelance by 2020. Using freelance talent reduces company’s overhead costs of paying full‐time workers, who may be needed for certain projects only.
2. The shift to a “connection economy.”
The connection economy which is also called relationship economy is very rewarding. It’s created by building strong relationships and establishing constant connections with consumers. While business owners often look for solutions, this shift will allow them to measure and deliver results. This will cause an increase in customer satisfaction and reduce customer turnover.
3. The mobile device will become the hub of marketing.
Mobile devices hold a great deal of untapped power. By properly allocating this power, business will begin to connect more with their customer base as they engage in the “connection economy”.
4. The significance of millennials.
Millennials represent the biggest customer and employee segment. Not only that, but they will also become leaders themselves, becoming the largest group of business owners. Instead of businesses looking down on and criticizing millennials, they will begin to see their business value.
5. The continuing demand for strong content.
Business owners will strongly incorporate content marketing into their sales process. User‐generated content is a rising trend. Unbiased input from other users, third‐party endorsements from editorial reviews and impartial research are significant to consumers.
Considering these trends will help your business grow to the next level. If you’re looking for a workplace to prepare your team for a big leap, YourOffice has come alongside hundreds of businesses looking for everything from staffed flexible offices to agile office space. We know your business is unique, and your office space shouldn’t be any different. Let us match the perfect space or service to fit your business needs.