Here are some tips to increase the chance of hiring a great sales rep;
Define a job description
Write down the sales rep’s functions to ensure that the scope of role is clear. Take note, it’s unwise to load up a sales rep with too much paperwork. It takes away from the time available for making new sales.
Skills or Experience
Experts disagree on whether industry experience is required. Therefore, find someone with specific skills that include the ability to build relationships quickly. Also, they should have a good network and be able to expand on it. They should also be able to work independently.
Where to Recruit
- Use websites like LinkedIn.
- Attend meetings and observe professionals in action.
- Get a referral.
Investigate background and attributes
Ask about previous results when checking up on a sales-rep applicant. Ask significant questions to gauge the applicant’s personal attributes and character.
Establish compensation range
- Always make the compensation package based largely on commission.
- Calculate the figure of sales a talented rep can comfortably close every week. This figure can be the rep’s quota/goal.
- Figure out the target compensation if the sales rep hits stated goals/quotas.
- Start with a commission rate applicable in your industry.
- Don’t forget to factor in any base salary.
- Consider additional earning potential if the rep exceeds quota.
Look for willingness to use reporting tools
Accountability is crucial, so you’ll need some kind of reporting and tracking tools.
Hire a person who’s willing and able to use your software programs. The salesperson should provide progress report on a weekly basis.
Considering the techniques above will help you find and hire a great sales rep. Great sales rep plus great workspace where everyone is collaborating will surely unlock the doors of opportunity. YourOffice features a network of world-class business addresses. Each location offers beautifully appointed day offices and team office space that are fully wired and ready for you to move in and start working.